When it comes to creating a contract between two parties, sometimes changes need to be made after the initial agreement has been signed. In such cases, a contract addendum is used to modify or add terms and conditions to the original contract.
To ensure that the addendum is legally binding, it`s important to use a contract addendum sample as a guide. Here are some key things to keep in mind when using a sample to create your own contract addendum.
1. Context: The addendum should provide clear context for the changes being made. This means outlining the specific sections of the original contract that are being modified and explaining the reasons for the changes.
2. Language: The language used in the addendum should be clear and concise. Avoid using legal jargon that can confuse or intimidate the parties involved. Instead, use language that is easy to understand and can be easily interpreted by both parties.
3. Formatting: The addendum should be clearly formatted, with headings and subheadings that outline the changes being made. This can help both parties understand the scope of the changes and ensure that no important details are overlooked.
4. Signatures: Like the original contract, the addendum should be signed by both parties to make it legally binding. Make sure that the signatures are clear and that both parties fully understand and agree to the changes being made.
Here is a sample contract addendum that can be used as a guide:
Contract Addendum Sample
Date: [Date of addendum]
Parties: [Original parties involved in the contract]
Purpose: This addendum is being created to modify the terms and conditions of the original contract [Insert contract name or number]. The parties listed above agree to the following changes:
1. [Detailed description of the change being made]
2. [Detailed description of the change being made]
3. [Detailed description of the change being made]
These changes will become effective immediately upon the signing of this addendum and will be considered an integral part of the original contract.
By signing below, the parties agree to the changes outlined in this addendum and confirm that they have read and fully understand its contents.
[Party 1 signature] [Party 2 signature]
[Printed name of Party 1] [Printed name of Party 2]